1. To avoid workplace drama and be liked, compliment people behind their back.
2. Saying " You're right ! " instead of " I know " makes you look less like an as * hole and doesn't diminish something someone else may have just found out .
3. Instead of asking, " Do you have any questions ? " ask, " What questions do you have? " The first almost always results in silence , while the second helps people feel comfortable asking questions.
4. When you have something important to say to your kids, say it very quietly so that they listen. They're immune to your yelling, but whispering gets their attention .
5. If you need to de-escalate someone and get them to communicate, ask them questions about numbers or personal information .
6. When somebody shy is speaking, if you look at them and nod your head, it encourages them to keep talking .
7. Say hello to everyone you know, and say it with a smile. Just imagine: If someone walks into you twice a year and both times you smile and greet them enthusiastically, they will think of you as a nice person. So little effort for a person to find you friendly.